Monday, November 7, 2011

17th September - 8 November 2011

During this period I did a couple of CAS related things

I started taking pictures of the boys football team for the yearbook. On the 28th of October they played their first match and I got a lot of pictures of that. I've never been a great photographer even though I've had a passion for the field and therefore I undertook this task so that I could develop a new skill

With Cleft Palate a lot happened, we recently went to the hospital to gain a better understanding of the kids' conditions and the care they need and receive. This helped us understand the ethical implications of our actions. We got to see the results of our fund raising and the ethical benefits behind our work. 






In terms of the Cleft Palate concert, progress has occurred. We've got the date set for the 26th of November 2011, and we have raised approximately $2000 through sponsorship. The auditions were held on the 14th of October and 5 out of 9 bands were selected for the concert, as well as two professional bands. I recently went down to the poster and ticket printers to get some work done. The stuff has yet to be printed but at least progress is happening....

No comments:

Post a Comment