Wednesday, November 30, 2011

November 2011


During this month I basically continued going to the gym every week, I try to go 3-4 times a week depending on how much homework I have. Ideally I would go on mondays, wednesdays, fridays and saturdays but there are days where this isn't possible so I have to double up on the weekends. I am getting closer to my goal of 5 miles in 20 minutes, I can already do 5km in 15 minutes so it's just a matter of continuing to do cardio and hopefully I can reach my goal. After I reach my goal, I plan on setting a new goal and continuing with the gym. In terms of weights the progress hasn't been as visible, mainly because I started with barely any muscle. But I'm getting there.

The Cleft Palate Battle of the Bands was on the 26th of November and TY2D (Too Young To Die) won it. We had around 250 people attend and the night was a huge success in terms of fundraising and the talent that was on display. I did my part on the night by MC-ing the concert and I had done my part earlier by finding us a place to print tickets. Combining our sponsorship money with the money from tickets, we raised around 400,000 rupees, some of that was lost based on spending though, so today we'll find out the final amount fund raised. I'll try and find some pictures of the night that I can post on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment