Sunday, September 5, 2010

Reflection 30th August - 5th September 2010

This week was quite big in terms of the goals I set and how they dealt with the CAS program. While the DAWG program has not yet begun for the school year (it begins on Tuesday the 7th) I had recycling and football this week, not to mention the fact that the SGA hosted its first event.

With recycling I went around school to make sure all the teachers were equipped with boxes to put all paper they want recycled. I felt like I was helping make a difference in terms of recycling because I was equipping the teachers with the tools to help them recycle.

Football got underway on Friday afternoon and it was exciting to say the least, I joined football to develop my skills as a goalkeeper and my skills were certainly developed as I was allowed to play as a goalkeeper. Even though it had been a while since I'd last played, it was like riding a bike. I remembered all the skills I'd learned in the past even though I was pretty nervous and worried that I might make a mistake. In the end I came out more confident about my abilities and happy with the fact that I signed up

The SGA event that was scheduled for the 4th of September, a Saturday, was badly planned. The rest of the executive committee and I hadn't gone through the right channels for organizing the disco and in the final week we were rushing to get chaperones, security guards, tickets and posters ready. In the end we got everything ready and the entire SGA came in on Saturday at 2.00pm (the dance was scheduled to start at 6.00pm) and we began decorating and prepping the auditorium. In the end the dance was a success and went ahead without problems, although we would've liked a better turnout. What i learnt from this ordeal was to plan at least 2 weeks in advance for the next dance! What made us all proud, though, was the fact that we raised around $150 to donate to the relief effort in Pakistan, and that made us all feel as though the work we did was worth it

No comments:

Post a Comment