Monday, September 27, 2010

Reflection 12th September - 26th September 2010

Over the past two weeks I mainly continued working on my goals.

In DAWG we supplied all the teachers with boxes for the food drive. We also gave them all the information about the food drive (even though most of the teachers knew the details). However the school still hasn't gotten excited over the food drive so we need to work on exciting the school.

I found out that as a Theater Arts student, taking part in the school play would not get me creativity recognition as the school play would be counted as a grade for me. Therefore to get more creativity recognition I began to help the Visual Arts teacher paint sets for the Primary School musical. The musical was based on the works of Dr. Seuss so the sets were quite crazy like the illustrations in Dr. Seuss' work.

I missed Recycling on the 16th as I was sick and on the 23rd I had to have a rehearsal for the Founders Day Assembly.

Football on the 17th was quite fun. Even though I didn't do as great as I did on the 3rd of September, our team once again won. The final score was 4-3 and I did make some good saves even though I wished I could've kept the scoreline lower. On the 24th the football activity was cancelled as it was rained out.

At our school assembly we learnt about a diving activity that would be taking place in November. This interested me greatly as I didn't have my PADI certification. I decided to sign up for the activity as it would be something new and this became one of my goals for the year: To get my PADI certification.

On the 24th of September 2010, I was the Master of Ceremonies for the Founders Day Assembly. This required me to use Theater Arts skills that I had learned (cold readings) and I think this applies to the creativity aspect of CAS.

No comments:

Post a Comment